1. This agreement ("Agreement") sets out the terms and conditions governing the use of the on-line services ("Service" or "Services") provided by Edizioni Condé Nast S.p.A., with offices in Milan, piazza Castello n. 27 ("Condé Nast"), through the web site www.internetforpeace.org ("Site"), including, but not limited to, the participation to any related activities, forums, personal messages services, chat, etc. that may be made available through the Site.
Please read carefully the terms of the Agreement. By using the Service You automatically accept the Agreement, reserving Condé Nast the right to ask You to accept further terms and conditions upon registration with the Site or when using specific services.
2. Your subscription of the bid of Internet for the Nobel Peace Prize and the use of some of the Services is subject to the prior registration with the Site.
"SEND TRANSLATION" SECTION
3. Condé Nast encourages all the users of the Site to contribute to the circulation of the "Manifesto" (the "Manifesto") by sending a translation of the Manifesto into one of the languages that are still not available on the Site (the "Translation"). The Translation may be uploaded on the Site by filling in the dedicated form. Condé Nast reserves any right to edit and alter the Translation and to make it available on the Site at its discretion, or to remove it from the Site without previous notice including - but not limited to - upon a possible infringement of third party rights.
The user shall be directly responsible for the Translation he has uploaded, while Condé Nast denies any personal evaluation or agreement upon such materials.
USE OF SERVICE BY USERS
By using the Service You agree to use the Service solely for licit purposes, being aware that the infringement of such undertaking may cause Your civil and/or criminal liability.
The materials of the Service, the IP rights of which may be held by third parties or by Condé Nast, are solely provided for the users' usage in accordance with the Creative Commons license "Attribution-Non commercial-non derivative works 2.5". As a consequence thereof:
You are free:
- to copy, distribute, transmit, display and perform the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution: You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work);
- Non commercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes;
- No Derivative Works: You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
The use of the Ambassador's photos and the trademarks of Condé Nast, Ogilvy&Mather S.p.A. and the endorsers of the project Internet for Peace is not regulated by the Creative Commons license, but by the ordinary IP laws and regulations.
You undertake not to destroy, modify or interfere in any way with any software, hardware and/or server of the Service and not to hinder the use of the Service by third parties. Furthermore, You agree not to alter nor to interfere with any information or material of the Service or connected to it.
You represent and warrant that You are aware that Condé Nast did not revise the sites linked to the Service and does not give any guarantee as to their contents; Condé Nast shall not be liable for their contents or for the goods and services that might be offered or marketed through them.
USE OF MATERIALS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE USER
By uploading or submitting on-line Your materials ("Materials") to the Site (or by sending them to Condé Nast), You automatically agree, accept and adhere to the Creative Commons license "Attribution-Non commercial-non derivative works 2.5", the terms and conditions of which are described above under paragraph 4.
You agree and acknowledge that, in accordance with said license, Condé Nast will be free to use the Materials free of charge in perpetuity and for all the world upon the attribution of the work to the author, for non commercial uses and without the right to alter, transform, or build upon the work.
It is understood and agreed that the use of the Materials on the Site, that in itself does not have any commercial purpose, does not represent commercial usage of the Materials.
6. Condé Nast respects the IP rights of third parties and requires the users of the Service to do so. Condé Nast hence reserves the right to, if and when appropriate, suspend or interrupt the access of users who infringe IP rights of third parties, and the right to bring legal actions against them.
In consideration of the features of the Service, Condé Nast cannot check on all the Materials submitted on-line to the Site by users, neither before nor after their uploading.
Condé Nast reserves the right to perform any kind of check and/or audit, also on single materials only, and denies any liability for the contents submitted to the Site by users. Condé Nast shall promptly remove any materials from the Site in case of objections or claims raised by third parties and/or the competent authority.
Anyone who believes that his own IP rights may be or may have been infringed through the Site can contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com. For any other communication, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Condé Nast and the companies working with Condé Nast on the organization and management of the Site and the Service, and their employees, agents, representatives and suppliers, from and against any third party claim and the relevant damage (including legal fees) that may arise from Your access to the Service and/or from Your use of it against the Agreement.
MODIFICATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
8. Condé Nast reserves the right, but not undertake, to review, adapt, move, or remove any material, data, information, content uploaded or available within the Service and/or the Site, at its own discretion, even without any previous notice.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
9. The Service is provided "as it is": we consequently deny any express or implicit warranty in relation to the quality or with regard to particular characteristics of the Service. Therefore, Condé Nast shall not be held responsible in the event the Service is partially or totally unavailable, or is made available in a different manner.
Condé Nast does not warrant continuous, uninterrupted or safe access to the Service, since the operations on the Site may be affected by many factors beyond its control. We therefore reserve the right to suspend the Service at any moment, as well as the right to interrupt it once and for all for any reason whatsoever.
To the maximum extent permitted by any applicable law provisions, You expressly waive any right to raise any claim, demand, question, action, request, etc. against Condé Nast and the companies working with Condé Nast on the organization and management of the Site and the Service, and their employees, agents, representatives and suppliers, in relation to the use of the Service by You or to any other act or fact connected to the Service.
Any transaction, even of a commercial nature, between You and a third party, including advisers and/or other subjects You may get in contact because of or during the use of the Service, will not concern, bind or interest Condé Nast, nor will have any legal effect beyond Your relation with such third parties, and therefore You expressly waive any right to raise any claim, demand, action, request, etc. based on such relations, against Condé Nast and/or its affiliate and partner companies, and their employees, officers, staff etc.
FURTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
11. The Agreement has been drawn and will be interpreted according to Italian Law. Any dispute arising therefrom shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Milan.
In compliance with articles 1341 and 1342 of the Italian civil code, the user expressly accepts the following terms of the Agreement: 4. (use of Service by users and Creative Commons license); 5. (use of materials and information provided by the user); 7. (indemnification); 9. (limitation of liability); 11. (governing law and jurisdiction)