SEE WHO HAS JOINED
Sign up for Internet For Peace and become part of the movement to nominate the Net for a Nobel Peace Prize
Since you are under 18, Italian laws require that, in order to complete the registration procedure, you must enter the email address of a parent, who will have to authorize your registration.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOWINA
BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
COCOS (KEELING) ISLANDS
CONGO, Democratic Republic of (was Zaire)
CONGO, Republic of
CROATIA (local name: Hrvatska)
FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORIES
HEARD AND MC DONALD ISLANDS
IRAN (ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF)
KOREA, DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF
KOREA, REPUBLIC OF
LAO PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
LIBYAN ARAB JAMAHIRIYA
MACEDONIA, THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF
MICRONESIA, FEDERATED STATES OF
MOLDOVA, REPUBLIC OF
NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS
PALESTINIAN TERRITORY, Occupied
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
SAINT PIERRE AND MIQUELON
SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE
SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO
SOUTH GEORGIA AND THE SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS
SVALBARD AND JAN MAYEN ISLANDS
SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC
TANZANIA, UNITED REPUBLIC OF
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
VATICAN CITY STATE (HOLY SEE)
VIRGIN ISLANDS (BRITISH)
VIRGIN ISLANDS (U.S.)
WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS
Click on the ‘Check’ button to find your city
Enter the characters, without spaces, shown in the image
Keep me posted
Release of November 19, 2009
"SEND TRANSLATION" SECTION
3. Condé Nast encourages all the users of the Site to contribute to the circulation of the "Manifesto" (the "Manifesto") by sending a translation of the Manifesto into one of the languages that are still not available on the Site (the "Translation"). The Translation may be uploaded on the Site by filling in the dedicated form. Condé Nast reserves any right to edit and alter the Translation and to make it available on the Site at its discretion, or to remove it from the Site without previous notice including - but not limited to - upon a possible infringement of third party rights. The user shall be directly responsible for the Translation he has uploaded, while Condé Nast denies any personal evaluation or agreement upon such materials.
USE OF SERVICE BY USERS
You are free:
- to copy, distribute, transmit, display and perform the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution: You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work);
- Non commercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes;
- No Derivative Works: You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
The use of the Ambassador's photos and the trademarks of Condé Nast, Ogilvy&Mather S.p.A. and the endorsers of the project Internet for Peace is not regulated by the Creative Commons license, but by the ordinary IP laws and regulations.
USE OF MATERIALS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE USER
6. Condé Nast respects the IP rights of third parties and requires the users of the Service to do so. Condé Nast hence reserves the right to, if and when appropriate, suspend or interrupt the access of users who infringe IP rights of third parties, and the right to bring legal actions against them. In consideration of the features of the Service, Condé Nast cannot check on all the Materials submitted on-line to the Site by users, neither before nor after their uploading. Condé Nast reserves the right to perform any kind of check and/or audit, also on single materials only, and denies any liability for the contents submitted to the Site by users. Condé Nast shall promptly remove any materials from the Site in case of objections or claims raised by third parties and/or the competent authority. Anyone who believes that his own IP rights may be or may have been infringed through the Site can contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com. For any other communication, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Condé Nast and the companies working with Condé Nast on the organization and management of the Site and the Service, and their employees, agents, representatives and suppliers, from and against any third party claim and the relevant damage (including legal fees) that may arise from Your access to the Service and/or from Your use of it against the Agreement.
MODIFICATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
8. Condé Nast reserves the right, but not undertake, to review, adapt, move, or remove any material, data, information, content uploaded or available within the Service and/or the Site, at its own discretion, even without any previous notice.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
9. The Service is provided "as it is": we consequently deny any express or implicit warranty in relation to the quality or with regard to particular characteristics of the Service. Therefore, Condé Nast shall not be held responsible in the event the Service is partially or totally unavailable, or is made available in a different manner. Condé Nast does not warrant continuous, uninterrupted or safe access to the Service, since the operations on the Site may be affected by many factors beyond its control. We therefore reserve the right to suspend the Service at any moment, as well as the right to interrupt it once and for all for any reason whatsoever. To the maximum extent permitted by any applicable law provisions, You expressly waive any right to raise any claim, demand, question, action, request, etc. against Condé Nast and the companies working with Condé Nast on the organization and management of the Site and the Service, and their employees, agents, representatives and suppliers, in relation to the use of the Service by You or to any other act or fact connected to the Service. Any transaction, even of a commercial nature, between You and a third party, including advisers and/or other subjects You may get in contact because of or during the use of the Service, will not concern, bind or interest Condé Nast, nor will have any legal effect beyond Your relation with such third parties, and therefore You expressly waive any right to raise any claim, demand, action, request, etc. based on such relations, against Condé Nast and/or its affiliate and partner companies, and their employees, officers, staff etc.
FURTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
11. The Agreement has been drawn and will be interpreted according to Italian Law. Any dispute arising therefrom shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Milan.
In compliance with articles 1341 and 1342 of the Italian civil code, the user expressly accepts the following terms of the Agreement: 4. (use of Service by users and Creative Commons license); 5. (use of materials and information provided by the user); 7. (indemnification); 9. (limitation of liability); 11. (governing law and jurisdiction)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
2. At some areas of the Web Site or on the occasion of the use of some Services, the User is invited to join the internetforpeace.org community (hereafter "Community") in order to have access to certain services and privileges reserved to registered Users.
The Community is managed by Condé Nast through a newsletter service - that is sent periodically via email to the address provided by the User - that is used by Condé Nast to keep all registered Users up to date as to the Internet for Peace bid procedure and all related activities and news (hereafter "Newsletter").
Upon registration to the Community, the User is required to provide certain information, some of which - expressly indicated as such - are essential and mandatory for the registration (e.g. the e-mail address to be used to receive the Newsletter), while other information may be provided or not, at the User's discretion. Should such further information not be provided, the User can still join the Community, but he will not be able to participate to certain activities, and will only have a limited access to some Services.
Any time the User may modify or edit his profile and his preferences concerning data protection, and, where so permitted, he may also provide further personal data that are necessary to participate to activities of the Web Site.
Access to the Web Site and use of the "cookies"
3. Any time the User visits the Web Site, the Site server uses "cookies" to automatically register some information concerning the access of the User, such as: his IP address, web site of origin, web pages viewed, date and duration of the access, etc. Such pieces of information are registered anonymously and used only for enabling the access to the Web Site of the User and the use of some Services by the same User. After these operations are carried out, the information is deleted or used in aggregate for statistic purposes, or to assess which sections of the Web Site are the most viewed and which Services the most used.
4. The cookies used by Condé Nast are text files that the Site automatically sends to the User's pc to enhance the User's visit of the Web Site. The cookies also enable Users to customize their experience of the Web Site and save their preferences.
The use of the cookies enables Condé Nast to register some information pertaining to Users and their visit of the Web Site; being this information registered in aggregate, cookies do not interfere with Users' right of privacy.
Although by default most browsers are set up to accept cookies, Users can any time set their browser so as to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie can be sent. Condé Nast encourages Users to check on the cookies settings of their browsers, and adjust them in a way that satisfies their expectations. Notwithstanding the foregoing, some sections of the Web Site may not work properly when the User disable reception of cookies (Users will be notified of such a possibility). PURPOSES AND MODALITIES OF THE PROCESSING
Storage of data and access to them
5. In its capacity as data controller, Condé Nast stores the personal data of Users, directly or through the data processors listed on the Web Site, on the web server located at the premises of Netscalibur via Caldera, 21 - 20153 Milano. All processing operations are carried out through the personnel of Condé Nast and of the data processors - such personnel is duly appointed "persons in charge of the processing" - or other personnel of external entities in charge of the maintenance of the Web Site.
The database is accessible only by authorized personnel through equipments and devices that guarantee the respect of the standard security measures adopted by Condé Nast and that prevent the dissemination, the illicit use and other non authorized use of the data.
Any and all persons in charge of the processing are bound to faithfully observe the specific instructions that are given by Condé Nast with regard to the processing of data; any breach of such instructions can be punished with disciplinary sanctions or give raise to judicial actions.
The data are stored for the time strictly needed to carry out any processing operation that concerns any User, according to his own preferences and instructions.
At the end of the Internet for Peace project all Users's data will be cancelled.
Processing of data: general features
6. Condé Nast processes the data of Users, in accordance with the options of any User and with the consent that is given freely and specifically upon the collection of data or subsequently, at the purpose of creating a group of subscribers of the bid of Internet for the Nobel Peace Prize. Certain data of Users - i.e. first name, family name, town and country - will be used in the area of the site named "See who's joined" and displayed on the map available at this area on the country of which the User is citizen. All data can be finally communicated to police forces or other public authorities in order to comply with an order of theirs.
RIGHTS OF USERS
7. In accordance with article 7 of Data Protection Code, the User is entitled to any time modify and edit his own preferences and settings concerning data protection, as well as to obtain information as to: whether or not personal data concerning him are held by Condé Nast, the source of the data, their details, the purposes and methods of the processing. Users may also obtain the updating, rectification and/or integration of such data, or the erasure or blocking of those data processed unlawfully.
Users have the right to object, for legitimate grounds, to the processing of their data and to be cancelled from the Newsletter service.
Such rights can be exercised by writing to Condé Nast at: email@example.com.
8. Condé Nast is aware that underage Users may be interested in the Web Site and the Services.
Condé Nast encourages parents to monitor their children's use of the Internet, also by using parental control tools, in order to guarantee a safe and filtered use the contents available in the web. The use of such tools can prevent children from disclosing online personal information without parental permission and can guarantee a child/teenage-friendly online environment.
Condé Nast doesn't collect nor use personal data of underage Users without the previous consent of their parents.
The registration to the Community is reserved to Users of 18 years of age or more, or to Users older than 14 who have parental consent.
Condé Nast encourages the parents of registered Users to register themselves to the Community: by doing so, the parents will be able to enjoy the Services and, at the same time, to be informed of the activities and initiatives offered by Condé Nast to their sons and daughters and check their compliance with their own expectations and educational paths.
With regard to some Services, Condé Nast does not require Users to disclose their age and hence Condé Nast does not know anything about the age of Users. Condé Nast expressly invites all Users younger than 18 not to disclose any personal data without the consent of the parents, reserving its right to deny access to the Services and/or the Community to those underage Users who misrepresent their age or disclose their personal data without the previous parental consent.
LINKS TO WEB SITES OF THIRD PARTIES
9. Some areas of the Web Site and/or the communication that Condé Nast sends to Users may contain links to third party web-sites.
Users are hence invited to disclose their personal data only those entities who guarantee adequate security standards. Condé Nast also recommends to adhere to the offers of such third parties only after checking carefully the content of their offer, with regard to which Condé Nast cannot perform any control nor be held liable.
Edizioni Condè Nast S.p.A. - P.zza Castello 27 - 20121 Milano
CAP.SOC. 2.700.000 EURO I.V. C.F e P.IVA - REG.IMPRESE TRIB. MILANO N. 00834980153 SOCIETÁ CON SOCIO UNICO